TheGrint Golf App for Apple Watch

TheGrint Kit for Apple Watch Series II

The Apple Watch Kit for TheGrint is ready to be used, to track your Score and check the GPS when you go out to the Golf Course next time.

We have designed the Kit so that you can use your Watch independently from your iPhone, or in parallel. So, if you don’t want to take your iPhone out at all, you can now Track your Score and get GPS from your Watch.

This is how the App works and looks like on your Watch:

To extend a little more on the different options you see on the Apple Watch

After you track your Score and Stats on the 18th Hole, the App will ask you if you want to Upload the Score or Edit the Score or Stats on Past Holes.

After you upload the Score, the App will go back to the 1st Screen letting you know that the Score was uploaded and it’s ready to track again.

And that is how it works!

Pretty cool, huh?

Try it! Let us know what you think! Any feedback or comments, you can always e-mail us to contactus@thegrint.com or leave a comment at the bottom of this Post.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The Apple Watch Series II has the capability to provide GPS location directly from the Watch. HOWEVER, to save battery the Apple Team decided that when the iPhone is nearby, the GPS location is taken from the iPhone instead of the Watch. Currently there is no way to override that code for us. Therefore, the only solution we can suggest for you, is to tun off the Bluetooth from the iPhone, that way the Watch won’t have access to the iPhone and can provide the GPS location from the Watch itself.

THIS IS A TEMPORARY SOLUTION UNTIL APPLE CREATES A WAY FOR US TO OVERRIDE THE LOCATION AND FORCE IT FROM THE WATCH

This entry was posted in TheGrint Instructions, TheRange Blog and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to TheGrint Golf App for Apple Watch

1. Glenn says:

I went to the app store but it doesn’t show there is an update available?

2. Josh says:

This is great news, but what I’d really like is to be able to control the shot tracking from my watch. I paid for the full version to use this feature, but find when I have to track it from the phone, I forget to hit the buttons to start/stop it bc the phone is either in the cart or in my pocket. Also, when I use the track shot feature, there’s no way to cancel it if I forget to mark where the shot lands. So I’ve hit a couple of 2100yd drives :)

• TheGrinter says:

Hi Josh, good afternoon.

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it.

As of now, that feature is only on the iPhone and we don’t have a date for when we will release the Shot Tracker on the iWatch.

We will see what we can do regarding the Cancel button so that you or anyone else hits 2100 Yds Drives. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Let us know if you have any questions.

3. Topher says:

I just got the watch and can’t wait to get it out on the course in a couple of weeks. If I disconnect the watch from the phone so I am only using my watch for GPS, I assume I can still keep score of each hole on the watch and then sync back to my iPhone when the round is done?

• TheGrinter says:

Hi Christopher, good morning,

Yes. That is exactly how you have to do it. You can set up the Round while connected to the iPhone. Then on the 1st Hole, turn off the Bluetooth. Then when you are ready to upload your Score, turn on the Bluetooth again and connect to the Phone, then upload your Score.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards.

4. Bernard says:

Does the app operate the same if you have the series 1 Apple Watch? I’m having a small problem with the app and Apple Watch 1 playing a full round of golf. It does not stay connected? I have to use my iPhone to play. Do you have this issue with other players using the Apple Watch series 1 versus Apple Watch II series?

• TheGrinter says:

Hi Bernard, good afternoon.
      Thank you for contacting us.
      Please send us an e-mail to contactus@thegrint.com with the App Version you have installed on your iPhone. And please check that you have the Cellular Data on for TheGrint App on your Phone. Go to your Settings and scroll down to TheGrint App, and make sure you have the Cellular Data On, as well as Location with Always set up.
      We will be waiting for your e-mail.
      Regards.

5. Mark C says:

Does the app give distance to hazards?

6. Nick Hess says:

Just got the Apple Watch series 2 last week. The app on my Apple Watch force closes every time I try to track a round. I tried both starting the round on the watch app itself and also on the iphone app. Same result either way. Software is up to date on both. Tried quitting both apps and restarting. No luck. Suggestions?

7. Joe says:

How can I enter a 9 hole score from my watch? I only see an 18 hole option

• TheGrinter says:

Hi Joe, good afternoon,

Thank you for contacting us.

We apologize for the late response.

To track a 9-hole Round through the Watch, you have to set up the Round on the iPhone first, select the 9-hole Round and then switch to the Watch.

Try that and let us know anything. You can e-mail us to contactus@thegrint.com if you have any questions.

Regards.

8. Sean says:

The watch app keeps closing overtime I try to start a round. Are there any fixes?

• TheGrinter says:

Hi Sean, good morning,

Thank you for contacting us.

We will help you out.

Have you tried Un-pairing and Pairing the Watch again?

Delete and Install the App. The un-pair and then pair the watch again.

You can e-mail us to contactus@thegrint.com after you try.

Let us know anything.